Forum for iCal4OL, Print4OL and ICS4OL

Exchange of experiences / Erfahrungsaustausch / Get Help

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Verkauf von iCal4OL an Neukunden ist eingestellt! Keine Demo mehr verfügbar..
Diese Seite ist ausschliesslich für Kunden.
The selling of iCal4OL has ended! No trial available anymore..
This site is exclusively for customers.

iCal4OL Version 2.17.1 is now available. See Announcements / Ankündigungen

#1 2012-02-27 08:26:44

Roland
Administrator

Tine 2.0 Milan sync with Outlook (Beta) by CalDAV/CardDAV

I installed Milan (2012/03) Beta 5 under WinXP, Apache 2.2, PHP 5.2 (and meanwhile updated it to official release from September 2012)

The main installation was easy, but some culprits/bugs are present:

- This version actually needs PHP 5.3! There are just a few lines,
  which are not compatible with PHP 5.2.x, which I patched "somehow", to get a working Test Environment for CalDAV.

- The SabreDAV version 1.5.3 is buggy ("Report time-range" does not work correctly with recurring events, due to time-range-filter Bug + other stuff)
  ETAG-Header is correct, but other typical issues of SabreDAV are present, see http://ical.gutentag.ch/forum/viewtopic.php?id=449

- It's slow.. (not sure why, perhaps my older WAMP system..)

- The Rewrite Rules had to be fixed in .htaccess (in main server path /) for my test installation in subdir /tine/

Code:

RewriteEngine on
#RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} !^(GET|POST)
RewriteRule ^tine/$ tine/index.php?frontend=webdav [E=REMOTE_USER:%{HTTP:Authorization},L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^tine/addressbooks tine/index.php?frontend=webdav [E=REMOTE_USER:%{HTTP:Authorization},L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^tine/calendars tine/index.php?frontend=webdav [E=REMOTE_USER:%{HTTP:Authorization},L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^tine/principals tine/index.php?frontend=webdav [E=REMOTE_USER:%{HTTP:Authorization},L,QSA]
RewriteRule ^tine/webdav tine/index.php?frontend=webdav [E=REMOTE_USER:%{HTTP:Authorization},L,QSA]

1)
First, you must download latest version of iCal4OL again. I had to implement a few fixes..

2)
The Assistants are only working from now on (see change date of this post!) . Email and Timezone can't get retrieved from Tine 2.0
Assistant URL (with path info!) e.g.: http://my.example.com/tine/webdav/

Manual configuration of iCal4OL:
- WHO:  Important: The Email address MUST be set to the email address used in this Tine account - set it in Tine (in Outlook it may be different)!
- WHAT: CalDAV
- HOW:
URL e.g: http://my.example.com/tine/webdav/Calendar/personal/admin/Tine%202.0%20Admin%20Accounts%20pers%C3%B6nlicher%20Kalender/ (See in Browserinterface of Tine 2.0)
UserID:  caldav deleted remove nosimilar organizer singleget href no_global debug carddav singlecontacts tine2.0 no_dist
Authorization: ...should be clear..
[X] Activate enhanced options (tab "x.1 More")
- 2.1 MORE (Export)
[X] Suppress Attendees..  (may be necessary!)

Comments:
- DTSTART;VALUE=DATE-TIME:  ... is bull#@!?  => DTSTART:  is correct! ";VALUE=DATE-TIME" in TZID never seen before... implemented!
- HREF's can only be 40 characters long (255 is the Spec!) => Flag "href" necessary
  Otherwise iCal4OL will use the .EntryID, or for invitations the .GlobalAppointmentID. Those fields can be up to 232 Char long.
- TRIGGER: for Alarms not working, does need TRIGGER;VALUE=DURATION:  => implemented
- I had internal server errors, with some ATTENDEE lines  =>  Therefore "[X] Suppress Attendees" on tab "2.1 More" may be necessary.
- Received invitations can't get uploaded correctly, due to UID length limit of 40 characters (255 is the Spec!) => Flag "no_global" implemented!
  GlobalAppointmentID can have up to 232 characters. Better change length in table tine20_cal_events for UID!
  To use GlobalAppointmentID is better, because accepting an invitation (and some other modifications)
  does actually delete and re-add the appointment in OL with the same GlobalAppointmentID.
  Sync fields are also lost this way and must be "re-found" (Exceptions, where this field is empty, are import from other .pst file or drag&drop).
  (Note: With the flags "no_global" you may experience some duplicates... therefore its better to modify in table "tine20_cal_events" the field "UID".)

- CardDAV (Contacts) is working from RC2 on - but you must download again latest version of iCal4OL!
  For correct URL browse e.g. http://rock:8080/tine/webdav/ ...  and add a trailing / (slash)!
  e.g: http://rock:8080/tine/webdav/Addressbook/personal/admin/Tine%202.0%20Admin%20Accounts%20pers%C3%B6nliches%20Adressbuch/

Last edited by Roland (2012-12-06 11:53:57)

#2 2012-10-13 09:34:23

Roland
Administrator

Re: Tine 2.0 Milan sync with Outlook (Beta) by CalDAV/CardDAV

[Update for CardDAV]

If most contact fields are staying empty after upload to Tine, or UPDATE ERROR 403 Forbidden shows up in LOG.txt,
then you need to patch a PHP script of Tine 2.0:
..\tine\Addressbook\Convert\Contact\VCard\Factory.php

Replace line
return new Addressbook_Convert_Contact_VCard_Generic($_version);
with
return new Addressbook_Convert_Contact_VCard_IOS($_version);

+ change field "UserID" on tab "1. How" to: caldav deleted remove nosimilar organizer singleget href no_global debug carddav singlecontacts tine2.0 no_dist
   (new flag "tine2.0" will upload VCARD as iOS does)
   (flag "no_dist" is necessary, because Tine 2.0 is not supporting distribution lists, compared to iOS)

+ download at least iCal4OL version 2.12.22
   (on 10/14/2012 I implemented "tine 2.0 no_dist" as default flags for tine 2.0 = auto recognition of tine20)

[Open Bugs for CardDAV]

- Tags/Categories cannot be synced
- Birthday cannot be synced
- German "Anrede" (Frau/Herr) cannot be synced, only Title like "Dr. med."

Last edited by Roland (2012-10-14 09:25:47)

Board footer