Forum for iCal4OL, Print4OL and ICS4OL

Exchange of experiences / Erfahrungsaustausch / Get Help

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Verkauf von iCal4OL an Neukunden ist eingestellt! Keine Demo mehr verfügbar..
Diese Seite ist ausschliesslich für Kunden.
The selling of iCal4OL has ended! No trial available anymore..
This site is exclusively for customers.

iCal4OL Version 2.17.1 is now available. See Announcements / Ankündigungen

#1 2008-02-16 23:36:45

oaktoncob

format questions in calendar

I'm learning to use Print4OL and enjoy the tricks programmed into this add-on.
Very nice!

I have two questions which will help us fit our needs here. Both have to do with calendar/appointments.

(1) In the report template, is there any way to print the list of appointments so that the DAY and DATE are not re-printed if the item listed above it has the same DAY and Date?

Like this:
Monday 3/15/2008  3:00 PM    Go to beach
                             5:00 PM    Do Homework
Tuesday 3/16/2008 8:00 AM    Wake up

Instead of this:
Monday 3/15/2008  3:00 PM    Go to beach
Monday 3/15/2008  5:00 PM    Do Homework
Tuesday 3/16/2008 8:00 AM    Wake up

(2) In the calendar template, is there any way to print the calendar with Sunday first rather than last:

Like this:
Sunday  Monday  Tuesday  Wednesday  Thursday  Friday  Saturday

Instead of this:
Monday  Tuesday  Wednesday  Thursday  Friday  Saturday  Sunday 

Chris Bowman

#2 2008-02-17 05:42:39

Roland
Administrator

Re: format questions in calendar

It's done... download Print4OL version 1.0.6!

- New fields for Mail-, Appointment- and Task-Item  (will empty dates, if on same date as previous item)
  Appointments: #StartDate, #StartDateLong, #StartDateShort, #StartDateDay and #StartDateAmPm will be empty,
                if previous item is on same date! For "only" the time use #StartTimeLong, #StartTimeShort, #StartTimeAmPm
                or #StartTime (best together with a "right tabstop").
             + Use #EndTimeLong, #EndTimeShort, #EndTimeAmPm or #EndTime, if you don’t want to print
                the datestamp if "startdate" equals "enddate"…

Mailitem....: #TimeDateLong, #TimeDateDay, #TimeDateAmPm and #TimeDate will be empty, if previous item is on the 
                same date! For "only" the time use #TimeTime or #TimeTimeAmPm (best together with a "right tabstop").
  Taskitem....: #StartDateDate will be empty, if previous item is on the same date! Use #StartDateTime for "only"
                the time (best together with a "right tabulator").

Special field: #CRLF --> if you want an empty line between dates.

English example: "AReport English with daybreak.dot", "MReport English with daybreak.dot"
  Deutsches Beisp: "AReport Deutsch mit daybreak.dot", "MReport Deutsch mit daybreak.dot"

Its a little bit tricky to modify those templates, because the placeholders are longer then the later content wink
  Advice: first enter test content to make the report - afterwards replace content with placehoders...

- "ACalendar Start on Sunday.dot": If a calendar template name contains "Sunday" the week will start on Sunday (and not on Monday).

with kind regards
Roland Scherrer

#3 2008-02-18 17:59:48

oaktoncob

Wow. That was fast!
Thank you for having such an attentive response. I played with the templates for two hours before I contacted you. And here you have the solution very quickly. Thank you.
You are correct about the placeholders being longer than the content on some occassions. Thanks for the warning.

Also, when I ran the new report template, it had problems with the location of all events AFTER an all-day event. It indents the next line with a tab.
I'll put a sample below (although it may not transfer correctly).
Since the reports I give only have DATE/TIME and EVENT (subject) it's not a problem for me. (See below the "bad format" example below to see the "good format" of our shorter listing.

Thank you. Next I'm off to figure out the calendar settings with Sunday instead of Monday.

When I get to a land-line (instead of unsecurred wireless) I will register the product via PayPal.

Chris

Bad format (default new template)

Mon 2/18/2008        1 day    President’s Day   
    Tue 2/19/2008            Holiday
        1 day    Molly Bowman Birthday   
    Tue 2/19/2008           
     8:30 AM    1 hour    Dentist 4 cleaning   
     9:30 AM   
     5:30 PM    4.5 hours    Out to dinner w/sherry       

Good Format: (with only two fields)

Mon 2/18/2008    President’s Day
        Molly Bowman Birthday
     8:30 AM    Dentist 4 cleaning
     5:30 PM    Out to dinner w/sherry

#4 2008-02-18 18:44:58

Roland
Administrator

There is a ... bug - using the "incorrect content" of the field Item.End for alldayevents.
For a one-day alldayevent the enddate should be the same (Outlook-Field: Item.End - 1 ) and not be filled...

A corrected version is already online!

A small problem remains, though - there should be enough room for e.g. #EndTimeAmPm, if this is on a different date e.g. for a multi-day alldayevent.

The template example is using two lines per item e.g. to print the enddate - perhaps not a very good idea... "Duration" should be enough.

And it's also tricky to set tab stops correctly - since a field can be either empty or very long, becoming too short/long for the "correct" tabstop:

LeftTabStop                                             RightTabStop
¦                                                            ¦ LeftTabStop
¦                                                            ¦ ¦
#CRLF#StartDateAmPm  #StartTimeAmPm #Duration

(There should be no tab stop defined in between)

#5 2008-02-18 20:08:41

oaktoncob

Excellent.
That seems to have done the trick for me. Thanks!
I'm going to play with it a little more and find out how to make it as easy as possible on myself.
For example, I notice I have to select at least one appointment before it will let me start print4ol. So I select one, open print4ol, use the calendar to select dates, "Find", then "remove duplicates" and then print.

I do have trouble closing Word. It seems to think I want to change the normal.dot template. I have to close Word, say "no" to change template, the "ne" again to change global template.

I think it is because I have more than one instance of print4ol Word doc running.

THanks!

Chris

#6 2008-02-18 20:40:43

Roland
Administrator

>> I do have trouble closing Word....

Probably a window with the <template>.dot "itself" is still open (called from the button [edit template])?!
Normal.dot is not used, but <template>.dot

Close all word windows - also look into the task manager (ctrl-alt-del) under processes: if there are "hidden" winword.exe still running, kill them - then try again...
There should be no problem to keep open "previous filled" documents.

And YES - at least one item has to be selected to start Print4OL. Change the sort order by clicking on the header... (removing duplicates will resort by date and time)

After [Show] or [View] you may print them again by [Find] again - or by clicking on first, then [Shift]-clicking on last item..

#7 2008-07-31 12:41:54

Joseba

Is it possible to list appointments by columns instead by rows? I would like to put week day on top and appointments in the next row.

#8 2008-07-31 13:39:08

Roland
Administrator

Yes, with a "ACalendar xxxxxx.dot"  (A=for Appointments; T=for Tasks... see documentation.pdf)

It's somehow limited, but if the template name is containing special "trigger words", its hopefully flexible enough for your needs - otherwise tell me exactly, what you want to achieve.... (filled example with allday- and normal events...)

All "trigger words"... (only add those you need)... are:

ACalendar X Sunday AMPM Location full body color.dot

If its containing “Sunday”, the week starts with Sunday (otherwise Monday).
If its containing “AMPM”, times are shown as e.g. 13PM.
With “Loc” in name the Location will be shown in parenthesis().
With “X” in name, enddates are not shown/added.

full        => Subject not truncated  (=> version 1.1.2)
body     => add body text            (=> version 1.1.2)
color     => use some color for multiday/allday (=>version 1.1.2)

Last edited by Roland (2008-11-08 10:33:34)

#9 2008-07-31 17:54:56

Joseba

Thank you for your answer, but I need some more customizing:
- two weeks
- color label
- no end time printed

#10 2008-07-31 18:21:10

Roland
Administrator

Hello

- two weeks .....  sorry, the second week is always printed below.. (only space for 7 days/columns on A4 horizontal...)
- color label .....  from Outlook 2003?! That would be possible to implement.. as text-color or background color?
- no end time printed .... already implemented

Did you try "ACalendar X.dot" with "[Find] two weeks" in Print4OL window?  (rename "ACalendar.dot") ... not even close to your needs?!

There is also a free Print-Addin for Outlouk 2007 from Microsoft ... (I don't know, if its possible with this)

with kind regards
Roland Scherrer

Board footer