Forum for iCal4OL, Print4OL and ICS4OL

Exchange of experiences / Erfahrungsaustausch / Get Help

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Verkauf von iCal4OL an Neukunden ist eingestellt! Keine Demo mehr verfügbar..
Diese Seite ist ausschliesslich für Kunden.
The selling of iCal4OL has ended! No trial available anymore..
This site is exclusively for customers.

iCal4OL Version 2.17.1 is now available. See Announcements / Ankündigungen

#1 2009-01-13 06:49:27

Exec

Creating header using frames to allow #Fields to work

Hi.

I am editing an ATable template to have a header using a frame to display some extra info from a calendar print out (as you can't have #Fields in headers, but I would like to have a header like area displaying more info)

I have created the frame in my template and have also tried (as apposed to having the frame part of the template) pointing it to an initial page file within the frames properties but when I hit show in Print4OL the template appears but no #Fields are filled out in both cases.

Any ideas on how to best go about doing this properly would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Josh

#2 2009-01-13 07:36:50

Roland
Administrator

Re: Creating header using frames to allow #Fields to work

Hello

Sorry - Frames in xTable are not supported. But you can probably achieve it with a further column/row "looking" like a frame..
Please mail me "your prototyping" (how it should look) - then I can publish a solution here...

Note - Some restrictions apply to xTable:
First row is a title row (for all appointments - some fields like dates are possible for "break.dot"), 2nd, 3rd, aso are for fields.
Due to some format bugs inside Word tables and for speed, it's best practice to use only one row for an appointment.

with kind regards
Roland

#3 2009-01-13 22:41:15

Exec

Basically, all I am after is to display the date range that the user has chosen to display on the ATable and spit it out up the top of the document that is created from the template.

Is that possible at all?

Thanks Roland.

#4 2009-01-14 00:17:20

Roland
Administrator

Sorry, this is not implemented - and for "ATable break.dot" complex to implement, because fields in xTable must be INSIDE table cells (re-programming necessary) - and in a cell it's a little bit strange, because it would repeat for every day break).

So the only alternative would be to use "AReport English with daybreak.dot" - but here you don't have this kind of formatting... hmm sad

It's late here - I need to have a closer look tomorrow, if I can find an easy way to implement it in ATable... I will..

To provide the fields #SelStart and #SelEnd is easy to implement - but this will work only correctly for the buttons [Find] and [>=<] (from-to date range).

Roland

Last edited by Roland (2009-01-14 00:22:51)

#5 2009-01-14 03:30:55

Exec

Thanks Roland.

It isn't massively critical but would be nice. No probs if it's not possible.

Josh

#6 2009-01-14 10:19:48

Roland
Administrator

With a clear head in the morning I implemented support for some global fields in Word headers and footers ;-)

The new version 1.1.3 is already online... Please test it yourself (put e.g.  "#SelStart - #SelEnd" in a header).

Global Fields #User, #Folder, #Caption, #SelStart, #SelEnd can now be inside Headers and Footers.

Dates #SelStart and #SelEnd are only set, if button [Find] or button [>=<] (from-to date range) were used!

#User = Name of Outlook User e.g. "Roland Scherrer"
  #Caption = Explorer caption e.g. "Calendar - Microsoft Outlook"
  #Folder = Name of folder e.g. "Calendar"

(name of fields are case sensitive - write them exactly like here)

Regards
Roland

Board footer