Forum for iCal4OL, Print4OL and ICS4OL

Exchange of experiences / Erfahrungsaustausch / Get Help

You are not logged in.

Announcement

Verkauf von iCal4OL an Neukunden ist eingestellt! Keine Demo mehr verfügbar..
Diese Seite ist ausschliesslich für Kunden.
The selling of iCal4OL has ended! No trial available anymore..
This site is exclusively for customers.

iCal4OL Version 2.17.1 is now available. See Announcements / Ankündigungen

#1 2010-08-20 13:07:49

peterschen

Warning message and security warning with Outlook 2010

Hi,

I recently switched over to Outlook 2010 running on Windows 7 and I'm having some troubles here. First I get a message box which states that the email client could not fulfill the requested action and I have to setup Outlook as a default client. Outlook is already my primary email client so there is nothing much for me to do here.

http://www.petli.com/stuff/warning.png

Secondly with Outlook 2010 I started to receive security warnings that a program wants to access my stuff. This is really annoying and a problem because Outlook does not allow me to give access to iCal4OL permanently so I have to do that every 10 minutes.

http://www.petli.com/stuff/security.png

Please advise how to get this things under controll because right now iCal4OL is more annoying than helping...

Thanks & BR
Christoph

#2 2010-08-20 13:35:55

Roland
Administrator

Re: Warning message and security warning with Outlook 2010

Deutsche Übersetzung siehe http://ical.gutentag.ch/forum/viewtopic … d=780#p780
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This messages should not show up anymore!

You have installed Outlook 2010 64-bit.
This version does not support 32-bit Addins. If possible switch to the 32-bit version..

If you installed an Antivirus Solution, the access warning will not show up. Check the corresponding security options in Outlook 2010.
==> Run as Administrator - Security Center - Settings .. and activate: [X] Never warn me about suspicious activity (not recommended)

iCal4OL is written in VB6 (32-Bit) with backward compatibility to OL2000.

So, a few things will not work:
- Faster Export of ICS files can't work
- Inbuild CalDAV-Server can't work
- Setting the organizer of a synced event can't work - you will become the delegee of the organizer (only way to make it work)
- Special feature for Outlook-to-Outlook-Sync of Notes only will work, by using "[X] Save Sync Fields in external DB" (tab "Options-Exchange"; ignore warning message!!)

Open Issue:
If Outlook 2010 gets closed during a Sync, iCal4OL may crash (The ActiveX Connection will get reset, because OL2010 is an InprocServer).
iCal4OL does check it for every item, but it still could happen. Nothing I can improve here... keep Outlook 2010 running!
It will not crash, if waiting in tasktray for the next sync.

#3 2010-08-23 08:30:57

peterschen

Re: Warning message and security warning with Outlook 2010

Mhh it did seem a good idea to install x64 Outlook - It obviously wasn't... I'll check out your tips and see if that get's me somewhere.

Board footer